Sunday, February 26, 2006

Let's see which one of you finds me or finds FOR me

Welp - it's now been officially two consistent years in a row that I've been in Rochester. THAT is a record. No more moving back and forth between coasts. No more "wanting-to-be somewhere-other-than-where-I-already-am." Rochester is my home, and it will always be. I will forever fly to LA and NYC for work, etc. But Rochester is my base for sure. And it feels good. It feels good to have found peace. I love my work. I love my home. I love who I am. And I love God. I appreciate everything about my life, and everything that I've done WITH my life. I'm at a "place" in my eternal existence where I now understand things about myself that I've never understood before. I now understand that I can buy a house, and it won't make me stagnant; that I can be in a committed relationship, and it won't make me old and career-less; that I can dedicate myself to family and friends, and I won't die from loyalty. O' contrare: committment, dedication and loyalty only leads to fulfillment. What was I thinking (before)?! Now, it's just a matter of finding that special someone with whom to share my wonderful life; whose equally wonderful life I would equally seek to share. The question now becomes: Which one of you awesome individuals out there, past and present love ye be, married and/or single or soon-to-be-divorced-times-three, known or yet unknown to me, met or yet to meet, who will ye' be? Will you, the friend, yourself become my true love? Or will there be a brand-new, kind and gentle, generous soul who could learn to love me for who I am, and not for what I can buy for thee? Or will you be the friend simply good enough to kindly assist in the discovery of the truest, most unselfish love for me? We shall see. We shall see. We shall joyfully see. ;)

No comments: