Sunday, May 06, 2007

"Butterflies Are Free"

Butterflies are wonderful creatures, yes? They may not hold THEE secret to life, but they certainly at least represent a pretty significant one.

Oh, sure they are beautiful beings that experience a miraculous transformation in their lifetime (the whole catapiller-cocoon thing) - but what about that place in our stomach when we "get butterflies"? To me, that's a signal that we're doing the right things - and living right.

In any case, over the years, the butterfly reference has made it into various forms of my work. Years ago, when my nephew was born, I wrote the poem, entitled, SamStar (in which lines 4 and 5 read as follows: "Wish and pray ever in the blessed butterfly spot"). I've copied the poem in this blog before, but I thought to do so here once more (which see below).

Then, recently, I completed my pilot TV script for MarkAngel, the last scene for which is also listed below - and which also includes a reference to the butterfly spot.

May you enjoy both "transformational" references.

Herbie J


SamStar by Herbie J Pilato

There's a star in your soul alone
Which glows with trident strength
One in the same capture holds
Knows this pearl is heaven sent

Wish and pray ever
In the blessed butterfly spot
And a promised Illumined path
Will be shown
So you shall Infine have
Than nil have not
Void of constant ill
Loops been thrown

Temper your pace
And gate with grace
Sense wisdom and love reach far
Into the crest
Of divine inner space
All answers with rest
With SamStar.


The Final Scene From MarkAngel by Herbie J Pilato

INT. MARK’S ROOM.

Once again, Mark is in deep thought, this time, sitting on his bed. In a moment, a WHITE BALL OF LIGHT begins to form near his dresser. The LIGHT slowly begins to outline a FEMALE FORM. It’s AMANDA.

MARK
(awestruck)
Baby!

He rises to embrace her for many moments.

AMANDA
You’ve completed your work, my sweet. And you’ve done it so well.

MARK
Amanda! I don’t believe you’re here.

AMANDA
Oh, now, don’t weaken the power of your work or your words. You brought me here,
by your good deeds.

MARK
And now we can be together. Just as you said we could.

AMANDA
Yes – but…

MARK
But what?

AMANDA
Mark – you could come with me…

MARK
Back to The Above?

AMANDA
(smiling)
Yes…or...

MARK
(interupting)
Or what? Why is there even an or what? You said we would be together if I completely work.
And I did that. At least I thought I did that? Have I done that?

AMANDA
You have, oh you have…so remarkably well. And your father is proud.

MARK
Which one? My Dad-Dad, or The Big Guy?

AMANDA
(laughing)
Both.

MARK
Well, then, that’s good, right.

AMANDA
(still smiling)
Yes. That’s good.

MARK
Remarkable. Hey, my name is in there, re-Mark-able. Mark- is-able. That must mean something, too, right Baby?

She smiles, turns, and begins to cry.

MARK
Amanda, what’s wrong? What is it?

AMANDA
Mark – there’s so much more work to do here in Trinity. There’s so many more people who
could use your help. Who need you. You have such a gift with your good heart. You care so much…for your mother….your community. People can learn so much from you. And their soul development is so much stronger in the Earth school, then in Heaven.

MARK
Uh? How could that be?
(beat)
The Earth School?!

AMANDA
It’s strange, I know. But when a soul is born to Earth, in a physical body, the challenges are much stronger, and so is their development. As a result, many from The Above…and beyond…

MARK
(interrupting)
Beyond!?

AMANDA
(laughing)
There are different levels of Heaven, Mark. And one is more beautiful than the other…
and yet, again, the growth of the soul is heightened more so on Earth.

MARK
(beat)
So once again, I have a…

AMANDA
(interrupting)
A choice…by the gift of God’s free will.

MARK
(beat)
So, is that what you want me to do, then? To stay? Here…?

AMANDA
They need you, Mark.

MARK
And you?

AMANDA
I love you. And you have purified our love like you could never know.

MARK
(beat)
Will we ever be together?

AMANDA
We’ve never been apart.

They embrace and exchange a very passionate kiss.
MARK
It’s nice to know that some things remain the same in both worlds.

They kiss again, and then she pulls away.

AMANDA
So, what is your decision?

MARK
(beat)
I love you Amanda. And I know you love me. And I believe everything you’ve just said, because I’ve always believed everything you’ve ever said.
(beat)
I will stay here – because I love you. And because somehow I feel it will increase our love even more. And because it will not only increase the development of my soul, but of yours.
(beat)
We’re soul mates aren’t we?

Amanda smiles and runs to embrace him once more.

AMANDA
You’re such a beautiful man – someone who has made a choice with a such a true sense of self –
a true sense of universal love - in reserve.

As Amanda echoes these words of his mother, Mark pulls away. He soon places his hands on his abdomen, where feels a strange sensation.
MARK
Amanda? What’s happening? My stomach…It’s like I got a gazillion butterflies in here.

AMANDA
Those aren’t butterflies, sweetie. Those are your pre-angel wings, which are just about
ready to sprout - from the inside, out.
(beat)
I have to go – and yet I’ll always be here.

She stands back, and begins to DEMATERIALIZE. Mark attempts to embrace her once more. But Amanda outreaches her right hand.
AMANDA
No. Our final embrace, when our two souls become one in bliss, is for another…time.

And in a moment, Amanda is GONE from Mark’s life.

AGAIN.

And yet only for now.


END

No comments: