Tuesday, October 23, 2007

How To Save The Bewitched Feature Franchise

FADE IN:
BEDROOM. EARLY EVENING.

ISABEL, asleep, dreaming, confused.

She awakens in shock, panting...and calls for "DARRIN!!!!!"

MALE runs into shot, with his back to the camera.



MALE (V.O.)
What is it, Sweetheart? What's the matter?"

ISABEL
Oh, Darling. It was horrible. I dreamed I was some kind of
actress in a television remake of our lives. Apparently, I was
this other witch playing me in a TV show. But it wasn't me.
Aunt Clara was there...and so was Uncle Arthur...and yet, it
wasn't them. They didn't look like themselves. And neither
did YOU. You didn't look like YOU!! It's just all so confusing...!

DARRIN
(interrupting/smiling)
Hey, hey, hey. It's okay.
Now look at me... do I look like me now?

We see JIM CARREY, where we may have expected Will Ferrell.

ISABEL
(whom we now realize IS really SAMANTHA)
Yes, of course.

She embraces him with tears of joy.

DARRIN
It's okay, Sam. It's all over now.

SAMANTHA
Oh, thank goodness it wasn't real.

DARRIN
Sweetheart - THIS is real. WE are real.The real story of how we met and fell in love isone for the ages. Do you remember?

SAMANTHA
Of course, I remember....

We then cut to my script.

2 comments:

lou007 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lou007 said...

Awesome J ! Great idea. Totally agree. Any chance of selling your idea to Mel and having him prodce the movie? or maybe Jim Cary himself?

lou007