Monday, November 05, 2007

Thank You, Everyone!

This is a very exciting time for me.

I have been waiting more than 15 years to see the publications of my two new books: THE BIONIC BOOK: THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN AND THE BIONIC WOMAN, and LIFE STORY - THE BOOK OF LIFE GOES ON - both of which have just been released by the great people of BearManor Media (presided over by my one-of-kind-publisher Ben Ohmart). Also, too, these books would have never turned out so wonderfully had it not been for my Life Goes On (and NBC & ME) editor Jacki Garfinkel, my Bionic editor Brendan Slattery, and Matt Hankinson - the genius designer behind the covers all three new books - and my first music CD (see below for more info). Along with my previous books on Bewitched and Kung Fu, THE BIONIC BOOK and LIFE STORY set out to prove that popular TV shows can be educational and have a positive influence on society - as well as just being plain fun to watch. Each of the shows that I have profiled through the years have been and remain special to me, and I was fortunate enough to have held exclusive conversations with the many awesome and talented individuals associated with each series. (And please see below for a link to a video clip of my recent TV appearance on Rochester's WHAM-13 Morning Show, when I talk about the new books.)

In the meantime, I am also excited to announce that I have just released my first music CD, entitled, TWO, the songs for which I wrote the music, lyrics and arrangements. But just as with my books, I could not have done any of it had it not been for the correct gathering of a super team, headed by George Schnell, of Rochester's George Schnell Productions. George (on lead guitar and keyboards) and his musical compadres, John Perevich (on base guitar and 12-string, and with whom I graduated from Aquinas Institute in 1978) and Joe Minotti (the super drummer boy on sticks and percussion). George, John and Joe, otherwise known as The Royals, have been a musical staple throughout New York for years - and I was honored to have them appear on the CD. The 12-string guitar rift alone that Johnny P. created (for my song, How Can I Get Close To You) makes the CD worth listening to.

And while I look forward to writing new books and songs, and creating and acting in new TV shows and feature films, I want to thank everyone who has supported my career (and life) over these last many "immortal" years. You all know who you are - and may God=Love bless each and every one of you again and again and again - into the joyful timelessness of forever.


WHAM TV-13 appearance
http://www.13wham.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=187433@video.wokr13.com&navCatId=212

4 comments:

Ben Ohmart said...

You look like Davy Jones on your cd cover!

Anonymous said...

HJP,

Back at ya on the God bless part, and continued blessings and good luck with your fabulously diversified and interesting career!

HG

Herbie J Pilato said...

Hey Ben -

Thanks for the compliment - but I'm no where near as good-looking as Davy Jones was (in his hey-days while he was "hey-heying" with The Monkees.

And thank you, HG, for your undying support and friendship.

Jacki said...

thank you for the shout out herbie! love working with ya :)