Friday, December 14, 2007

The Light of Home Is Heaven (and Vice Versa)

Heaven and Home are the same thing in many ways.

When I was growing up on Erie Street in Rochester, I was gifted with a beautiful family. My Mom and Dad each had several sisters and brothers that trinkled into our family and created hundreds of cousins and relatives. As such, every night was a party, everyday was a coffee break, and every moment was embraceful joy.

But a yearning for "something else" started to draw me away from this wonderful life with which I was blessed. I wanted to go to Hollywood and become a "star".

So, little by little, I started to draw my plan. Over the years, I moved back and forth from Rochester to Los Angeles. I lived here a little bit. I lived there a little bit. And then it seemed, like all of a sudden, the family that I had known and loved my entire life was gone.

Many aunts and uncles passed away. My cousins who were my best friends moved away. Seemingly, everyone had abandoned me. Yet, I had first abandoned them - for Hollywood.

I left the warmth and love of my family for the counterfit love of Hollywood and potential stardom - a life that I thought would have offered more than what I had already.

And that's exactly what happened when we left Heaven for life on Earth. Everything was fine in Heaven. We existed as pure Orb Beings of Light.

Then, through the gift of free will, granted to us by God=Love, we desired that "something else"...we yearned for a different kind of life - a "better" life - and we thought we would find it on Earth. Just like I thought I would have found more satisfaction in Hollywood than in Rochester.

As you may have heard me say before, I have learned that it is more important to live the scripts of life, then to write them. And I reach to meet that challenge every day...to embrace the simple treasured life of what I learned and experienced on Erie Street.

As to how to prepare and make way for your journey to Heaven while you're still on Earth?

Here's some advice:

Bless those who curse you, forgive those who hurt you and Love those who hate you. Because you only take with you to Heaven every gentle act and intention of Love and Loving-Kindness. Everything else that is not love, melts away in the glow of God's unconditional Love.

So, essentially, in order for your Light to shine in your true Spiritual Home in Heaven, it first must shine from your Physical Home here on Earth.

Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Herbie! Happy Holidays from Julie @ Greenleaf! I enjoyed your message. Best wishes for 2008!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You paint a picture with words! Merry Christmas and all the best to you in the New Year!

Michael said...

Herbie J,
The greatest gift is absolutely free. For the wages of sin is death but the free gift from God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. This truth is written in the book of Romans ch. 6, verse 23. God loves you Herbie J and so do I. For God so loved the world he sent his only son and anyone who believes in him with Not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 Merry Christmas to you Herbie J. Call me anytime. 602 309-5486.
Your cousin,
mj

Anonymous said...

You are right on Herbs