Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Maria's Memory of My Mom and St. Peter and Paul's

As many of you may be aware, I attended St. Peter and Paul's elementary school on Brown Street in the 1960s and early 1970s. I made many wonderful lifelong friends while attending St. Pete's, including Carmella Gallina and Maria Burleigh. Maria and I recently befriended one another on Facebook, and she recently shared with me a wonderful memory of not only St. Pete's (when I played "Snoopy" in You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown") - but of my Mom. I'd like now to share that memory with you all (see below).

With blessings and Light!

Herbie J


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maria's Memory of My Mom - and More.

"You're mom was always at school attending all our functions. She would dress so elegantly...remember? And she smelled so sweet. She had such an aura about her even back then. Like she was an angel. That's how I remember her. I thought you had the most beautiful mom and she shone even brighter when she looked at you. Remember 'You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown'? And Ms. Vigna teaching us all the words to 'Jesus Christ Superstar'? Anyway, your mom and my mom were there when we did the 'Charlie Brown' play and she was beaming...Snoopy! Luv ya!

No comments: