Thursday, January 07, 2010

"Seinfeld" Key Dialogue From Just About The Funniest Break-Up In TV History

MARLENE: ..I'm sorry, Jerry. I just don't think this is going to work.

JERRY: Really? I thought..

MARLENE: I know, I'm sorry.

JERRY: I guess I just didn't expect it from the way you've been acting.

MARLENE: You sure you want to talk about this? 'Cause I sure don't.

JERRY: Of course I want to talk about it.

MARLENE: Well, okay. I guess things changed for me on Tuesday night.

JERRY: Tuesday night? What happened Tuesday night?

MARLENE: ..I saw your act.

JERRY: My act? What does that have to do with anything?

MARLENE: Well, to be honest, it just didn't make it for me. It's just so much fluff.

JERRY: I can't believe this. So what are you saying? You didn't like my act, so that's it?

MARLENE: I can't be with someone if I don't respect what they do.

JERRY: You're a cashier!

(From "Seinfeld" Episode: "The Ex-Girlfriend" - Original Airdate 1/23/91 - Written by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Herbie J Pilato said...

Well, thank you!