Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Good" Work Comes To Those Who Wait And Are Great Where They Are

"I don't get to keep house as much as I should like. I'm not supposed to have time for it--folks demand so much of my time. So I have a woman to keep house for us. But do you know, I like to carry the dishes away from the table at the close of the meal; and make a nice hot suds and wash the dishes, wipe them, and put them away in nice rows in the china closet! So if sometimes you find yourself doing work that isn't supposed to be desirable, remember that there are other good folks doing the same sort of work, and that still others would like to be doing it, even though circumstances have placed them at something else. Whatever you undertake, do it the very best you can. Folks will note your good work, and soon you will be given more important positions."

- Myrtle Page Fillmore

No comments: