Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Classic TV Preservation Society stands firm against bullying of any kind

A heart-breaking article about a bullied young-boy who killed himself was published in this morning's edition of The Los Angeles Times (which see link below).
 
Unfortunately, this is only one example of the horrific outcome of bullying.
 
As a child, and into my teens, I myself experienced bullying...usually by jealous, insecure, hurtful, mean-spirited and ignorant peers.
 
Thank Heaven, I had found the beyond-my-years inner-strength to the deal with a constant barrage of insults on what at times became a daily basis.
 
The young man in this article, and so many more young people like him - of all heritages, beliefs, cultures and creeds, was not as fortunate.
 
As the Founder and Executive Director of The Classic TV Preservation, my nonprofit that seeks to close the gap between popular and education (and which is now in the process of formally receiving its 501(c)3 status), I pledge to work diligently to eliminate the conditions that have lead to the alarming increase of teen suicides that result from bullying.
 

No comments: